This workbook has been designed to provide learners with a basic awareness and understanding of Parkinson’s disease with an aim to develop a skilled and confident workforce. Upon completion of this workbook, learners will be able to:
- Understand what is Parkinson’s disease, its’ causes and the impact it can have on people’s lives;
- Identify some of the most common symptoms associated with Parkinson’s;
- Understand how Parkinson’s disease is diagnosed;
- Name treatment options available for Parkinson’s disease;
- Develop an understanding of how to provide effective, person-centred care for service users living with Parkinson’s.